Department of Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a continuously evolving subject. As technology has advanced, so have the challenges facing the modern engineer.
Electrical Engineering is a subject that naturally partners with other disciplines to open whole new engineering avenues. Examples include Mechatronics – with Mechanical Engineering, Bio-medical Sciences-with Medicine and Avionics-with Aeronautics. The Electrical Department at Jaipur Institute of Technology prepares students in this field using new-age information and computer-intensive technologies.
The B.Tech. degree program is designed to achieve a balance between depth of knowledge acquired through specialization and breadth of knowledge gained through exploration. The undergraduate degree courses offered by the department provide a comprehensive foundation in the core topics of Electrical Engineering coupled with an area of specialization relevant to emerging engineering challenges.
The curriculum has been designed to create professional electrical and electronic engineers, who can serve in the fields of core electrical engineering, information and communication systems, and other related fields.
In Electrical Engineering there is growing awareness that the future training and education of electrical engineers in the industry needs to be in the area of highly efficient, industry-relevant skills formation, to enable frequent and rapid deployment of professional skills in new areas. As a step in this direction, the postgraduate programs in power systems were evolved.
- The faculty in the department is a rich blend of personnel with industrial and professional experience.
- The research division covers various aspects of electrical engineering.
- There is an active and growing area of research in the field of power electronics & drives, power apparatus and systems, whilst collaborating with each other and a variety of industrial partners.
- The Electrical Department holds national level conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Electrical Department interacts and liaises with well-reputed industries to facilitate funded projects, research and consultancy in the chosen areas.
- On employ ability, graduates of the college consistently appear as the first choice of employers.
- Studying Electrical Engineering will lead to potential careers in the areas of Research & Development (R&D), design, systems analysis, installation and commissioning, process engineering, control and maintenance, manufacturing, quality assurance and testing, information technology, programming, consultancy, management and software engineering.