Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering since its formation is committed to research and development in civil engineering. The vision of the department is to give an exposure to budding civil technocrats to various challenges in the profession.
At this college, we have highly qualified faculty to train the students in all spheres of Civil Engineering. Excellent laboratories and latest software’s that are used in the industry are available to help the students understand principles and correlate how theoretical knowledge could be put to use in field. The academic program includes regular field exercises and visits to construction sites to give exposure to our students and train them to take the challenges in the industrial environment. The department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry, academic and research institutions both within and outside the country.
- Servo controlled 100 tons Universal Testing Machine.
- Computerized automatic 200 tons Compression Testing Machine.
- Automatic Brinnell’s Hardness Tester.
- Well Equipped Labs having state-of-the-art machines.
- Total stations having 2′ precision.
- Geology Lab having models and samples of rocks and minerals including precious and semi-precious stones.
- Pan Mixer to support R & D Activities.
- Real time practical exposure provided to students through regular Survey Camps on sites.
- Government Services (IES, PWD, Irrigation , PHED, etc.)
- Construction Industry (Buildings, Roads, Bridges, Infrastructure, etc.)
- R & D (in India and abroad).
- Quality Surveying.
- Real Estate.
- Consultancy (Structural, Environmental, Geo-Technical, Traffics & Highways, etc)